Do you want to be part of a small, talented, and energetic team in a startup environment, with exposure to a Who’s Who of Buffalo’s medical and medical device professionals? Look no further than the Jacobs Institute. Apply via LinkedIn to discover new opportunities as they arise.
Clinical Training Coordinator
The Clinical Training Coordinator position is responsible for the successful execution of each program held at the Jacobs Institute (JI). This includes working with top-tier medical device companies to orchestrate and execute programs for sales representatives, engineers, and management personnel. Current JI programs include week-long Clinical Immersion Programs (CIP) for industry sales representatives and engineers, observerships for healthcare professionals, extended observerships for visiting physicians, cadaveric and animal lab trainings in collaboration with other GVI entities and various industry-sponsored trainings hosted by the JI.
The Clinical Training Coordinator will work closely with the Clinical Training Manager to maintain audiovisual equipment, lab supplies and instruments. The Clinical Training Coordinator will work with clinicians, their staff and other partners to consistently exceed our client’s overall facility experience and expectations. The ability to both successfully establish and steward ongoing customer relationships is key to this position.
Why the Jacobs Institute?
The Jacobs Institute is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of next-generation technologies in vascular medicine through collisions of physicians, engineers, entrepreneurs, and industry.
Being a part of the Jacobs Institute team, means that you will work with passionate and creative staff members across a variety of disciplines. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in launching a more comprehensive JI, implementing processes, and managing client relationships. On any given day, you will interact with top-tier medical device companies, as well as physicians and sales representatives from around the globe.
Why is this role important at the Jacobs Institute?
As Clinical Training Coordinator at the Jacobs Institute, you are the point of contact for top-tier medical device company clients, working with them on planning and preparation to ensure our programs meet and exceed their expectations. The Clinical Training Coordinator is integral to the continued success of our programs. He/she will participate in program assessments and implement improvements to enhance our offerings.
Duties include the following in addition to other duties that may be assigned from time to time:
- Assist the Clinical Training Manager with the coordination and execution of training programs conducted at the JI’s facilities
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities for program effectiveness
- Assist with the assessment of training needs through surveys, interviews with focus groups and consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives
- Work with the Clinical Training Manager to understand the needs of our customers through Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback to continuously improve programs delivered by the Jacobs Institute
- Assist with the creation of training procedure manuals, guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials
- Ensure that all necessary facilities are operational for the trainings
Event Execution & Relationship Management
- Be the main point of contact for JI clients, program sponsors, and vendors during trainings and CIPs
- Work closely with clinicians and support personnel to meet training program objectives
- Manage lab equipment, supplies and AV equipment
Develop Strong Relationships with Partners, Clients, Program Sponsors, and Vendors
- Market the facility to maximize profitable utilization, drive JI brand recognition and continue growth of training programs
- Interface closely with industry, clinicians and other JI partners to deepen relationships
- Provide facility tours as needed
- Manage vendor requirements and needs including catering, transportation, specimen procurement, equipment, & program logistics
Communicate Program Needs to JI Staff members and partners
- Present upcoming program schedule during weekly staff meetings
- Communicate program support requirements to appropriate JI staff
- Maintain JI calendar of events
- Maintain client records within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Provide input on key strategic plans to reach facility and training goals
- Gain expert level knowledge of industry medical education
What Are the Essential Qualifications & Requirements?
College degree and/or Professional Certification in a health science field. College degree, RT or clinical experience preferred. Cadaver lab experience, surgical experience and knowledge of clinical anatomy preferred.
Preferred 3-5 years executing clinical training programs with direct customer and physician interaction. Clinical experience preferred.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
Full-time exempt position with occasional weekend & evening responsibilities scheduled in advance.
- Motivated, resourceful, ambitious, enthusiastic and attentive to detail
- Strong client relationship, verbal and written communication skills, sales & marketing practices, results-oriented with multiple deadlines
- Team player focused on the Jacobs Institute mission and core principles
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to manage many work streams simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and meet demanding deadlines
- Professional self-starter, independent worker and team player
- Exceptional computer presentation skills and MS Office Suite skills
- Strong sense of professionalism with the confidence to deal with people at all levels including senior management
- High comfort level with software and technology in general
- Committed to quality
- Proactively approaches his/her contribution to the organization
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Relocation not provided and salary commensurate with experience.
Travel required as needed to other facilities, client meetings, and industry conferences
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
No direct reports at this time, but planned for growth per program and company targets