Do you want to be part of a small, talented, and energetic team in a non-profit environment, with exposure to a Who’s Who of the world’s top medical and medical device professionals? Look no further than the Jacobs Institute. Being a part of the Jacobs Institute team means that you will work with passionate and creative staff members across a variety of disciplines. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in launching a more comprehensive JI, implementing processes, and managing client relationships. On any given day, you will interact with top-tier medical device companies, as well as physicians and sales representatives from around the globe.
At present we are hiring for the following position:
As a Data Analyst at the Jacobs Institute, you will organize and manage large and varied data sets, analyzing data, contributing to an active research environment, and communicating findings through use of data visualization and detailed reports. We are looking for diligent problem solvers who use data in creative ways to reach our goals. You’ll be part of strengthening the medical device innovation backbone at the Jacobs Institute.
Once hired, you will be expected to:
- Compile and organize healthcare data
- Analyze data to assist in healthcare decision making
- Use healthcare data to achieve administrative needs and goals
- Understanding data storage and data sharing methods
- Investigating data to find patterns and trends
- Understanding healthcare business operation
- Utilizing different data sources for analyses
- Converting data into usable information that is easy to understand
- Developing reports and presentations.
- Communicating analytic insights to management
Other job responsibilities include:
- Interaction with engineers, physicians, scientists, and researchers
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Project management experience preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in an analytic role
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL
- Proficiency in data mining software
- Proficiency with Python for data manipulation
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Knowledge of data management applications
- Proficiency in managing electronic medical records
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Cerner, Epic, or Medent electronic medical records a plus
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s Degree Preferred, in Computer Science or Healthcare Administration with a heavy emphasis on Health Informatics
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.